Sunday, December 24, 2017

Restoring Farfrae Jubilee

Jubilee is the other foal from the Cheeky auction and, like the others from that lot, has been heavily restored. When she arrived, she didn't have a face, just a chewed lump on the end of her neck. She doesn't look that bad in her pictures, but trust me, it was bad. I think her head might have turned out a bit longer than usual for this mold, but it is very similar to the reference picture I was using of another vintage Yearling.

Her leg position is fairly true to how she hardened, I just tweaked it a bit to make her stand properly. She had a large blaze when she arrived, but closer inspection proved this to be an old touch-up. Her current star is more like her original facial marking. I tried to rehair her with the original hair, but the glue plugs were too thick. I have managed to incorporate her original tail hair into her mane, but her tail is new mohair.


I've been wanting a Vintage Yearling for a while, and was thrilled to win this adorable little filly and give her a new life. She doesn't have a mouth letter, but she was likely purchased some time in the early 70s

No comments:

Post a Comment