Friday, December 22, 2017

The Three Ages of Malachi

For those not familiar with Siamese cats, they are born very light and darken as they age. I decided I would like portraits of my cat, Malachi, at different stages of his life showing these changes. Mr. R did an amazing job translating my ideas into latex.


Malachi as a kitten was almost completely white with just smudges of dark on his points. He was an absolute terror and very intense when he wanted something. I chose the new Walking Cat to represent this age.

Malachi

As Malachi entered his young adulthood his body began to darken and his dark points spread. He started to mellow slightly, but still liked to pound his toys and cuss at the birds. Akie is based on the picture above, which is actually him as a slightly older cat, but the colour was taken from pictures when he was younger and lighter.

Akie

When these were made, Akie was 12 years old. He is a smudgy dark beige over most of his body and his face is almost entirely black. His first winter in Scotland he was so cold that he wanted to wear his kitty shirts most of the time. Waouw is wearing a simplified version of his "Little Terror" shirt and his name is one of the real cat's more recent nicknames based on one of his favourite words.

Waouw

Mr R. did a wonderful job capturing the colour and spirit of each Akie Era and there were many emails back and forth making sure the colour and markings were correct. Miss Laura sent me a picture of two different Young Malachis for me to pick the most accurate one, and though the lighter model was more accurate, I liked them both, so I asked Miss Laura to just send the extra along with the boys. Sorsha is a four year old Siamese queen and looks very much like Malachi at that age.


Siamese cats are similar to potato chips in that one can never have just one. After acquiring the four above, I added two more: Mavra on the Sleeping Cat mold, and Mordecai on the Walking Cat mold.


No comments:

Post a Comment