Monday, June 17, 2019

Adventures with Black Mountain Koshari Katsina

For Spring Break 2017, we headed up to Aviemore for a few days of sightseeing.

Up the hills in Glenshee


Meeting the coos near Crathie
Taking in the Cairngorms
An incredibly steep bridge

The first thing we did after checking into the hotel was head for the Cairngorm Funicular Railway. Down at the base station they had some fun wood carvings and up top they had a bit of a museum and a viewing area. We didn't stay long as the wind was like a hurricane and nearly lifted me off my feet at one point.

"Are you okay? Your expression looks a bit wooden."

"Psst, how do we get down from here?"
"Hmm, I think this one might be a bit too fancy"
"This looks a bit like my tail"
"Wheeee!"


The next day we went to the Landmark Adventure Park for a bit of a play.


"Hey! We don't pick our noses in public!"
"Hey, y'all, what's new?"


"You just have a little nap there and I'll keep an eye on the treasure"
Car surfing
"Hey, I said this pump is closed!"
Shhhh, don't scare it... or eat it
106 steps above ground
Remember, only *you* can prevent forest fires
Too cool to be a mule
"I can *see* the treats, but I can't *touch* the treats!"
Electric Mule
"I'm getting dizzy!"

The next morning, before heading home, we stopped in at the Highlands Wildlife Park. My husband had last visited here in the 80s, so he was eager to see how the park had changed.

"Onward my trusty steed, into the future!"
"Hmm, that's not good, your lifeline seems to end rather abruptly"
"I see the monkeys, but the monkeys do not see me"
"Not to sound nutty, but are you sure we're going the right way?"
"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of ARGH!!"
"Hey, check it out, Mane Twins!"
"Yew lookin at me?"

After the park we came across the Strathspey Steam Railway, so naturally we had to stop for a ride. There weren't many pictures from this as I always fall asleep within minutes of getting on a train.

Just a little mule riding the rails

No comments:

Post a Comment