Sunday, April 14, 2019

Travels with Farfrae Kadhaba Alfarawila: The Texas Trip, Part 13 - Food

The main point of a visit to Texas is to eat all the things. Yeah, yeah, we're there to see family, but the food!!

Texas breakfast - Little Debbie donuts and ice tea


I declared I would drink nothing but ice tea on this trip and I just about managed. If it wasn't tea it was something worse. I'm considered a bit of a heathen in the South as I do not care for sweet tea; we gave some to my in-laws when they came over for the wedding and they thought we were trying to poison them.


And of course there were kolaches. Lots and lots of kolaches.



My aunt brought over mass quantities of Chicken Express the night we arrived which I generally ate for breakfast along with whatever other leftovers were going.


It may look like vomit on porcelain, but this is a Mercado Juarez enchilada plate, show some respect. We have been going here since I was a baby and I had my high school graduation dinner here as well as the rehearsal dinner for our wedding.

A giant glass of ice cold, fruity booze!
The first restaurant my parents ever took me to was Angelo's BBQ when I was a few weeks old. It hasn't changed much over the decades, except that they no longer use sawdust on the floor. I never ended up taking any actual pictures of the food as I was too busy taking Fara selfies with all my taxidermy friends. I attribute my love of carcass art to early and frequent exposure at Angelo's.

The creatures have been here for decades
and are so over your nonsense
This guy's paws have been petted down
to the wooden nubs over the years


This was my lunch before we left for the airport.
Only an absolute savage would leave Blue Bell behind.

Part 14

No comments:

Post a Comment