Saturday, April 06, 2019

Sea of Spots

This year I used my Xmas money to torment Mr. R, the Julip pet painter, and to make a dent in my massive pet wish list. The model horse hobby gave my interest in genetics a focus and I very easily get sucked into the world of colour variations when learning about a breed.


A few years ago I saw a super spotty Dalmatian at a show in Yorkshire and a Google search later dumped me down a polka-dotted rabbit hole. I picked a few of my favourite examples, made a few mock-ups, named them, and sat on them until the right time came to spring them on Mr. R. I decided to go with a German theme for this lot.


Jugendsünde (Youthful Folly) is a lemon Dalmatian on the Pointer mold.



Sitzpinkler (a man who sits to pee) is a long haired Dalmatian on the Lying Dog mold. This one turned out to be my favourite, which I wasn't expecting as I've never been a huge fan of this mold.



Backpfeifengesicht (a face that makes you want to slap it) is a liver spotted Dalmatian on the Sniffing Dog mold.


Muttersöhnchen (mama's boy) is a tri-colour Dalmatian on the Walking Dog mold. Some tri-colours are brindle, but others, like mine, have spots which follow the colour distribution for the black & tan colour pattern.


Verschlimmbesserung (an intended improvement that makes things worse) is a densely spotted blue Dalmatian on the Sniffing Dog mold.


Jede Farbe (Every Colour) is a Confettimatian and I'm not sure if Mr. R will ever forgive me for ordering her.


Behold, a sea of spots! The dog just above Backpfeifengesicht is Chungo, my goofy black spotted Spare from earlier in the year - he has the most brilliant face. The two Dalmatians in the middle on the Labrador mold, Pirate Pete & Perditia, are from the late 1990s/early 2000s.







No comments:

Post a Comment